Sunday, March 29, 2015

Why I am a Pet Portrait Artist

Recently I received this beautiful email. With her permission, I wanted to share it with you. It is the reason I am a pet portrait artist. 


pet portrait drawing in charcoal
Charcoal drawing in very loving memory, Bruno the Greyhound


Dear Kate,  


My friend, Sophie commissioned a portrait of my greyhound Bruno, here in the UK, a few weeks ago. Sadly, my beautiful boy died last Tuesday. However, today, your parcel arrived. Ten minutes later, a second parcel arrived : Bruno's ashes. When I opened your parcel and Bruno's beautiful eyes stared back at me, more than they do in any photograph, I knew he had come home. Your portrait means more to me that his ashes, and is already a huge comfort to me. Such stunning artistry! I have already had several people asking for your details, after seeing the portrait on Facebook. 

Many many thanks for seeing beyond the photos and into Bruno's soul, then somehow capturing it on paper.

Very best wishes, 
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment