Thursday, September 25, 2014

Strut Your Mutt in Kanab to Save Them All

Hello friends and portrait clients. I know you love your pet because you commissioned a portrait of them. Did you know that 30 years ago, more than 17 million homeless pets were dying each year in our nation's shelters? This isn't a hopeless problem, we have already made great strides. Now, that number has been reduced to around four million deaths annually.

 I'm privileged to live near Best Friends Animal Society, the largest no-kill shelter in the county and one of the pioneers in working towards reducing that number to ZERO. We can do this. This weekend in Kanab, UT there is a fantastic event called Strut Your Mutt . It is a leisurely dog walk with your best friend followed by a super fun pet themed festival. I've started an online fundraising page through Best Friends with my local Page Animal Adoption Agency, and I am asking my friends and pet portrait clients for help to support the event. If you can't make it to the event yourself, you can still make a difference by donating to the cause online, even if you can only afford to donate $5.

Please take a moment to check out the event page here: Kate's Strut Your Mutt Page

 If you can't attend or support this Strut Your Mutt, odds are excellent there is one near your home. Thanks for your time, and as always feel free to visit me at KateSumners.com to see my latest work or Etsy to commission a new piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment